The intelligence and surveillance company raised its quarterly dividend on Tuesday to 50 cents a share from 45 cents.
"Once repositioning actions are taken, L-3's operating profile will have firmer growth potential due to much reduced overseas punitive operations," Drexel Hamilton analyst Richard Whittington wrote in a report Monday.L-3 was upgraded to a buy from a hold by TheStreet Ratings. L-3 has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 8.32; the average for defense companies is 13.16. For comparison, Curtiss-Wright (CW) and AeroVironment (AVAV) both have higher forward P/Es of 13.12 and 21.32, respectively. Twelve of the 17 analysts who cover L-3 rated it a hold. Two analysts considered L-3 a buy and three gave it a sell rating. TheStreet Ratings gives L-3 a B grade with a $81.68 price target. The stock closed Thursday at $70.47 and has risen 5.68% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV