Diodes Inc. Stock Upgraded (DIOD)
- DIOD's debt-to-equity ratio is very low at 0.01 and is currently below that of the industry average, implying that there has been very successful management of debt levels. To add to this, DIOD has a quick ratio of 2.24, which demonstrates the ability of the company to cover short-term liquidity needs.
- After a year of stock price fluctuations, the net result is that DIOD's price has not changed very much. Although its weak earnings growth may have played a role in this flat result, don't lose sight of the fact that the performance of the overall market, as measured by the S&P 500 Index, was essentially similar. Turning our attention to the future direction of the stock, it goes without saying that even the best stocks can fall in an overall down market. However, in any other environment, this stock still has good upside potential despite the fact that it has already risen in the past year.
- 37.50% is the gross profit margin for DIODES INC which we consider to be strong. Regardless of DIOD's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, DIOD's net profit margin of 6.20% is significantly lower than the same period one year prior.
- DIOD, with its decline in revenue, underperformed when compared the industry average of 24.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly dropped by 1.6%. Weakness in the company's revenue seems to have hurt the bottom line, decreasing earnings per share.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts