Noranda Aluminum Holding Corp Stock Upgraded (NOR)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, NORANDA ALUMINUM HOLDING CP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.18 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NOR maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.98, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for NORANDA ALUMINUM HOLDING CP is rather low; currently it is at 18.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.70% significantly trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.