Noranda Aluminum Holding Corp Stock Upgraded (NOR)
- The revenue growth came in higher than the industry average of 10.7%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 27.4%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displaying stagnant earnings per share.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. Compared to other companies in the Metals & Mining industry and the overall market, NORANDA ALUMINUM HOLDING CP's return on equity significantly exceeds that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- The debt-to-equity ratio of 1.18 is relatively high when compared with the industry average, suggesting a need for better debt level management. Along with the unfavorable debt-to-equity ratio, NOR maintains a poor quick ratio of 0.98, which illustrates the inability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for NORANDA ALUMINUM HOLDING CP is rather low; currently it is at 18.70%. It has decreased from the same quarter the previous year. Along with this, the net profit margin of 7.70% significantly trails the industry average.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.