MicroStrategy Extends its BI Expertise and Analytics into Social MediaMicroStrategy entered the market for social software with several products aimed at capitalizing on the growing market of Facebook-compatible applications. MicroStrategy's social intelligence offerings fall into two categories: Enterprise Social Intelligence and Consumer Social Intelligence. These products can be used in different combinations by organizations worldwide to harness the power of Facebook data.
Enterprise Social Intelligence Products
- MicroStrategy Gateway for Facebook. Released in July 2011, MicroStrategy Gateway for Facebook provides high capacity connectivity between enterprise IT environments and Facebook's social graph using Facebook's open APIs.
- MicroStrategy Wisdom. Released in December 2011, MicroStrategy Wisdom is an analytic application built on MicroStrategy's BI platform which owners of Facebook-compatible applications can use to segment and analyze their Facebook application user populations.
- MicroStrategy Alert. Released in July 2011, MicroStrategy Alert is a Facebook-compatible application for marketing and e-commerce. It helps companies and brands extend the effectiveness of their Facebook pages.
Consumer Social Intelligence Products
- Emma. Released in July 2011, Emma is a Facebook-compatible consumer application that provides an electronic marketplace for goods, services, and social activities.
- Usher. Released in November 2011, Usher is a Facebook-compatible consumer application that allows users to set up and manage Facebook events.
- Wisdom for Facebook. Released in April 2011, Wisdom for Facebook is a consumer application that allows users to view and analyze the demographics and interests (Facebook Likes) of the entire Wisdom network or of just their own personal friend network.
- Alert for Facebook. Released in July 2011, Alert for Facebook is a Facebook-compatible consumer application that is a convenient mobile Facebook Page reader.
"Our leadership position in the Magic Quadrant is a testament to our commitment to R&D and underscores our pioneering work in developing powerful technologies that capitalize on Big Data, Mobile, Social, and Cloud trends," said Sanju Bansal, MicroStrategy Chief Operating Officer.(1) Gartner "Magic Quadrants for Business Intelligence Platforms" by John Hagerty, Rita L. Sallam, James Richardson, February 6, 2012.