AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported record fourth quarter sales and record annual sales and earnings per share.
Fourth Quarter 2011 Summary
- Sales up 3% to fourth quarter record of $545 million
- Strong sales growth in Pharma and Food + Beverage segments
- Beauty + Home sales and margins affected by softness in the U.S. and Europe
- Effective tax rate rose to 36.2% compared to 30.4% a year ago due to increased French taxes of $1.7 million primarily related to a surtax enacted in December
- Reported earnings per share reached $.57 compared to $.59 a year ago
FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended December 31, 2011, reported sales increased 3% to $544.5 million from $530.8 million a year ago. The effect of changes in currency exchange rates was insignificant.
|Fourth Quarter Segment Sales Analysis|
(Change Over Prior Year)
|Beauty + Home||Pharma||Food + Beverage||AptarGroup|
|Product Sales (including tooling)||---||7||%||11||%||3||%|
|Total Reported Growth||0||%||7||%||10||%||3||%|