AptarGroup, Inc. (NYSE:ATR) today reported record fourth quarter sales and record annual sales and earnings per share.
Fourth Quarter 2011 Summary
- Sales up 3% to fourth quarter record of $545 million
- Strong sales growth in Pharma and Food + Beverage segments
- Beauty + Home sales and margins affected by softness in the U.S. and Europe
- Effective tax rate rose to 36.2% compared to 30.4% a year ago due to increased French taxes of $1.7 million primarily related to a surtax enacted in December
- Reported earnings per share reached $.57 compared to $.59 a year ago
FOURTH QUARTER RESULTS
For the quarter ended December 31, 2011, reported sales increased 3% to $544.5 million from $530.8 million a year ago. The effect of changes in currency exchange rates was insignificant.
|Fourth Quarter Segment Sales Analysis|
|(Change Over Prior Year)|
|Beauty + Home||Pharma||Food + Beverage||AptarGroup|
|Product Sales (including tooling)||---||7||%||11||%||3||%|
|Total Reported Growth||0||%||7||%||10||%||3||%|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV