- Net sales increased $0.9 million, or 15%, to $6.9 million in the 2012 quarter due to higher sales of OEM Products, which increased $0.2 million, and first time sales of Forward-branded products of $0.7 million.
- Gross profit increased $18 thousand, or 1%, to $1.4 million in the 2012 quarter due to the higher sales volume; however increases in costs of materials that we were unable to pass along to our customers, as well as product mix factors, largely offset the gross profit on such increased sales.
- Sales and marketing expenses increased $0.9 million to $1.3 million in the 2012 quarter primarily due to the investments we made in personnel (and related travel costs), product development, and design in order to develop our Forward-branded retail distribution capability and expand our product range.
- General and administrative expenses increased $0.7 million to $1.6 million in the 2012 quarter primarily due to investments we made in operational, finance and IT personnel to support our Forward-branded business. In addition, higher professional fees, and to a lesser extent, occupancy costs and telecommunication costs, also contributed to the increase.
- Net loss was $1.5 million, or ($0.19) per share, in the 2012 quarter compared to net income of $17 thousand, or $0.00 per share in the 2011 quarter. The increase in net loss was due primarily to the investments in operating expenses made in respect of the 2012 quarter and in support of our Forward-branded business, which were offset, in small part, by higher gross profit and other income.
Forward Reports Fiscal 2012 First Quarter Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.