Sierra Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW):
Fourth Quarter 2011
- Revenue in the fourth quarter 2011 of $147.2 million
- Non-GAAP earnings from operations of $3.4 million, exceeding guidance range
- Non-GAAP net earnings of $2.5 million, or $0.08 per diluted share
Full Year 2011
- Revenue for the year ended fiscal 2011 of $578.2 million
- Non-GAAP net earnings of $3.6 million, or $0.12 per diluted share
- Core M2M revenue up 9% year-over-year
Sierra Wireless, Inc. (NASDAQ: SWIR) (TSX: SW) today reported fourth quarter and fiscal year 2011 results. All results are reported in U.S. dollars and are prepared in accordance with United States generally accepted accounting principles (“GAAP”), except as otherwise indicated below.“In the second half of 2011, we delivered improved operating results compared to the first half, continued to strengthen our global leadership position in the Machine-to-Machine market, and established ourselves as a 4G leader in Mobile Computing," said Jason Cohenour, President and Chief Executive Officer. “As we look forward, we believe that the strength of our market position, combined with an efficient cost structure and better gross margin, will drive continued improvement in operating results.” Fourth Quarter 2011 Financial Results Revenue for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $147.2 million, a decrease of 12% compared to $167.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, and comparable to $146.8 million in the third quarter of 2011. The year-over-year revenue decrease was primarily due to the absence of revenue from Barnes & Noble and Clearwire, which combined had accounted for approximately $14.8 million in revenue in the fourth quarter of 2010. Machine-to-Machine (“M2M”) revenue was $71.3 million, down 15% compared to the historically high levels of fourth quarter 2010, which included $8.4 million of revenue from Barnes & Noble. Mobile Computing revenue was $75.9 million, down 9% compared to $83.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2010, which included $6.4 million of revenue from Clearwire.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV