- Quarterly net revenue decreased 3.8% to $150.9 million from $157 million in last year's comparable period due primarily to an industry-wide disk drive shortage related to flooding in Thailand, the location of major suppliers of disk drive and drive components.
- Gross profit percent increased to 9.0%, an increase of 55.2%, to $13.6 million compared to 5.8% or $9.1 million in the comparable period last year.
- Operating income increased 246% to $4.3 million compared to operating income of $1.2 million in the comparable period last year; net income increased 326% to $3.8 million compared to net income of $0.9 million in the comparable period last year.
- EBITDA grew 229% year-over-year to a record $4.6 million compared to $1.4 million. As of December 31, 2011 cash and cash equivalents were $7.5 million, net trade receivables were $58.5 million, net inventories were $55.7 million and working capital was $21.3 million
- SED’s Return on Invested Capital, or ROIC, for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was 19.4%.
SED International Announces Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
Our options trading pros provide over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.