- Quarterly net revenue decreased 3.8% to $150.9 million from $157 million in last year's comparable period due primarily to an industry-wide disk drive shortage related to flooding in Thailand, the location of major suppliers of disk drive and drive components.
- Gross profit percent increased to 9.0%, an increase of 55.2%, to $13.6 million compared to 5.8% or $9.1 million in the comparable period last year.
- Operating income increased 246% to $4.3 million compared to operating income of $1.2 million in the comparable period last year; net income increased 326% to $3.8 million compared to net income of $0.9 million in the comparable period last year.
- EBITDA grew 229% year-over-year to a record $4.6 million compared to $1.4 million. As of December 31, 2011 cash and cash equivalents were $7.5 million, net trade receivables were $58.5 million, net inventories were $55.7 million and working capital was $21.3 million
- SED’s Return on Invested Capital, or ROIC, for the second quarter of fiscal 2012 was 19.4%.
SED International Announces Second Quarter 2012 Financial Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.