NORWALK, Conn., Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Instead of a bouquet of flowers for Valentine's Day this year, priceline.com (Nasdaq: PCLN) customers seem more inclined to give their significant others a stack of casino chips. In a survey of the most popular destinations and hotels for Valentine's weekend and Valentine's Day, priceline.com found that Las Vegas clearly held the winning hand.
The survey was based on published-price hotel reservations made through priceline.com for check-in between February 10-14, 2012.
Las Vegas hotels dominated the Valentine's list. The most popular 5-star hotel in town for the romantic weekend is the Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas, Autograph Collection, while MGM Grand Hotel Casino, also in Las Vegas, is the nation's most-popular 4-star hotel. The Hyatt Regency Chicago is the most-popular non-gaming hotel for Valentine's Week.
Other 4- and 5-star properties making the top 100 most popular Valentine's week hotels, according to priceline.com, include:
- Hilton New Orleans Riverside, 4-stars
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, 4-stars
- Aria Resort and Casino, Las Vegas, 5-stars
- The Waldorf Astoria, New York, 4-stars
- Renaissance Dallas, 4-stars
- Hotel Nikko, San Francisco, 4-stars
- Hyatt Arlington, Arlington, VA 4-stars
- Grand Hyatt New York, 4 stars
- Wynn Las Vegas, 5-stars
- Caesars Atlantic City Hotel Casino, 4-stars
- Trump International New York, 5-stars
- Treasure Island, Las Vegas, 4-stars
- Hilton Hawaiian Village, Honolulu, 4.5-stars
- Loews Coronado Bay Resort, Coronado, CA, 4-stars
- Hilton Atlanta, 4-stars
- Hilton Minneapolis, 4-stars
- The Venetian, Las Vegas, 5-stars
- Hyatt Regency Newport Beach, CA, 4-stars
- Parc 55 Wyndham San Francisco-Union Square, 4-stars
- The Westin Michigan Avenue, Chicago, 4-stars
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV