RICHMOND, Calif., Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sangamo BioSciences, Inc. (Nasdaq: SGMO) announced today that Edward Lanphier, Sangamo's president and CEO, will provide an update on the progress of Sangamo's ZFP Therapeutic® development programs and an overview of the company's business strategy at 2:30 pm ET on Thursday, February 16, 2012, at the 2012 Leerink Swann Global Healthcare Conference which will be held in New York City.
The presentation will be webcast live and may be accessed via a link on the Sangamo BioSciences website in the Investor Relations section http://investor.sangamo.com/index.cfm under Events and Presentations. The presentation will be archived on the Sangamo website for two weeks after the event.
About SangamoSangamo BioSciences, Inc. is focused on research and development of novel DNA-binding proteins for therapeutic gene regulation and genome editing. Sangamo has a Phase 2 clinical trial and two Phase 1/2 clinical trials to evaluate the safety and efficacy of a novel ZFP Therapeutic® for the treatment of HIV/AIDS. Other therapeutic programs are focused on monogenic diseases, including hemophilia and hemoglobinopathies, and Parkinson's disease. Sangamo's core competencies enable the engineering of a class of DNA-binding proteins known as zinc finger DNA-binding proteins (ZFPs). By engineering ZFPs that recognize a specific DNA sequence Sangamo has created ZFP Nucleases (ZFNs) for gene modification and ZFP transcription factors (ZFP TFs) for gene regulation. Sangamo has established strategic partnerships with companies in non-therapeutic applications of its technology including Dow AgroSciences and Sigma-Aldrich Corporation. For more information about Sangamo, visit the company's website at www.sangamo.com. ZFP Therapeutic ® is a registered trademark of Sangamo BioSciences, Inc.SOURCE Sangamo BioSciences, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV