2) A Small-Cap Change Up
Investors following the Russell 2000 should note that the index makes changes each June.
"We expect Russell to release any index and/or style methodology changes in early March, with preliminary lists of adds, deletes, and migrations available on June 8, and the actual reconstitution taking place on June 22," writes Deutsche Bank.
Ahead of the changes, money managers and traders may begin positioning in March and trading may intensifying through the rebalancing date in June.For the Russell 2000, Deutsche Bank expects that the biggest increases will be in the semiconductor, consumer services, dividend financials and materials sectors. Big decreases will likely be in real estate, pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, transportation and energy sectors. Topping Deutsche's list of companies that may see most buying pressure based on "net dollar demand" are Lender Processing Services (LPS), Synovus Financial (SNV), Comverse Technology (CMVT) and Tellabs (TLAB). Companies at the top of the list based on average daily trading volume are Hingham Institute for Savings (HIFS), FNB United (FNBN) and Rand Logistics (RLOG). Those that will see most selling pressure based on "net dollar demand" include NetLogic Microystems (NETL), SuccessFactors (SFSF) and World Fuel Services (INT). That same list based on average daily trading volume includes Dial Global (DIAL), Essex Rental (ESSX) and Dialogic (DLGC).
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV