Ironwood Pharmaceuticals (IRWD) is a pharmaceutical company that discovers and develops medicines. The stock is trading up 7.3% at $14.80 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 888,000Average Volume: 289,711 Volume % Change: 266% Shares of IRWD are ripping higher today on strong volume after the company said that it was informed that the FDA will not schedule an advisory committee meeting in connection with the its review of the New Drug Application for linaclotide. From a technical perspective, IRWD is ripping higher today on monster volume and the stock is quickly approaching a breakout trade if it can manage to clear some near-term overhead resistance. Traders should look for a sustained high-volume move and close above $15.67 to signal that this stock wants to trend much higher. Look for volume on a move above that level that's near or above 289,711 shares. If we get that action soon, then I would target a move back towards some major past resistance at $16.50.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV