Whole Foods Market
Whole Foods Market (WFM) is a natural and organic foods supermarket. The stock is trading up 4.7% at $81.65 in recent trading.
Today's Volume: 5.7 millionAverage Volume: 1.6 million Volume % Change: 337% >>5 Big Stocks to Trade for Gains Shares of WFM are surging higher today on strong volume after the company reported a net income of $118.3 million on $3.4 billion in revenue in the first quarter, compared to a net income of $88.7 million on $3 billion in revenue during the same period last year. From a technical perspective, WFM has triggered a major breakout today now that this stock has started to take out some near-term overhead resistance at $78.29 on huge volume. This is a very bullish move for WFM since it has now pushed the stock into all-time high territory. As long as WFM continues to tend above $78.28, then it has a great chance to make a run at $100 in the near future. Whole Foods, which shows up on a list of 9 Rich-Kid Stocks Bucking the Terrible Economy, was also featured in "5 Consumer Stocks Funds Love."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV