NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Welcome to Don Dion's "ETF Winners and Losers." Be sure to stop by throughout the week to find out which ETFs are gaining or losing.
Market Vectors Solar Energy ETF (KWT) 7.9%
Solar energy ETFs are gaining ground, helping KWT and the Guggenheim Solar ETF (TAN) punch through its highs in October. Today's action extends TAN's winning streak to seven days.
LosersiShares MSCI Turkey Investable Market Index Fund (TUR) -1.1% The emerging nations comprising Eastern Europe are struggling, pushing funds like TUR and the Market Vectors Russia ETF (RSX) into negative territory. Meanwhile, nations to the west are seeing limited action to the upside. The iShares MSCI Germany Index Fund (EWG), the iShares MSCI France Index Fund (EWQ) and the iShares MSCI Spain Index Fund (EWP) have gained less than 0.5%. Teucrium Corn ETF (CORN) -1.1% While the base metal-tracking DBB is heading higher, the same can not be said for other futures-backed ETFs. For example, funds like CORN and the iPath Dow Jones UBS Grains Subindex Total Return ETN (JJG) are heading lower. The weakness in grains is weighing on broader agriculture ETFs as well. The PowerShares DB Agriculture Fund (DBA) is off nearly 1%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV