SAO PAULO, Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Companhia de Saneamento Basico do Estado de Sao Paulo - SABESP (BM&FBovespa: SBSP3; NYSE: SBS), informs the Shareholders that on February 9th, 2012, the Board of Executive Officers proposed and the Board of Directors resolved on, pursuant to item XI of article 14, and paragraph 1 of article 29 of the Company's Bylaws, the payment of dividends in the form of interest on own capital related to the period from January to December 2011, to the Shareholders registered as such on February 16, 2012.
The dividends as interest on own capital, totaling R$578,705,022.42 corresponding to R$ 2.54 per common share will be paid no later than 60 days after the 2012 Annual Shareholders' Meeting.
Income tax shall be withheld from payment of dividends as interest on own capital, pursuant to the laws in force, except for the immune or exempt shareholders proving such condition until March 9, 2012, and corresponding documents shall be sent to the Company's headquarters.
Referring to the entities of Supplementary Private Pension, Insurance Companies and Fapi, such proof shall occur by means of Declaration, a model of which is available at the Investors Area, in the item Information to Shareholders on the website www.sabesp.com.br.The aforementioned interest on own capital will be computed in the calculation of the mandatory minimum dividends, as provided for in the caput of Article 29 of the Company's Bylaws, pursuant to article 9, paragraph 7, of Law 9,249/95. The shareholders will have their credits available on the initial date of payment of such right, as set forth in above item I, in accordance with their checking account and domicile provided to Itau Unibanco S.A.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV