Corcept's phase III study demonstrated Korlym's efficacy but safety issues and concerns -- low potassium levels, adrenal insufficiency, endometriosis in women and possible heart rhythm abnormalities -- will likely keep the drug from being approved on a first pass.
If you're curious, I'm not alone in predicting Korlym's rejection next week. Forty-seven percent of contestants in my 2012 FDA Drug Approval Contest agreed with my assessment compared to 42% who believe Korlym will be approved. The remaining 10% predict a delay in an FDA decision.
Oncothyreon (ONTY) bull @given2tweet challenges me (an Oncothyreon bear) to refute some facts/assertions that he believes points to a positive outcome for the ongoing phase III study of Stimuvax in non-small cell lung cancer. Merck KGaA, which licensed Stimuvax from Oncothyreon, is running the lung cancer trial. Results from a second interim analysis are expected this quarter.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV