Love is in the air. Amazon.com today announced its list of the Top 20 Most Romantic Cities in the U.S. After compiling sales data of romance novels and relationship books (Kindle Books and print books), romantic comedy movies (digital movies and DVDs), Barry White albums (CDs and MP3s), along with sexual wellness products, since January 1 on a per capita basis in cities with over 100,000 residents, the top 20 most romantic cities in the U.S. are:
|1. Knoxville, Tenn.||11. Pittsburgh, Penn.|
|2. Alexandria, Va.||12. Clearwater, Fla.|
|3. Springfield, Mo.||13. St. Louis, Mo.|
|4. Orlando, Fla.||14. Erie, Pa.|
|5. Cincinnati, Ohio||15. Clarksville, Tenn.|
|6. Vancouver, Wash.||16. Everett, Wash.|
|7. Miami, Fla.||17. Gainesville, Fla.|
|8. Murfreesboro, Tenn.||18. Las Vegas, Nev.|
|9. Dayton, Ohio||
19. Rochester, N.Y.
|10. Columbia, S.C.||20. Tallahassee, Fla.|
According to Amazon's "romantic" data:
- For the last two years, Alexandria, Va., has been the most romantic city in the U.S. This year, Knoxville, Tenn., turned up the heat, taking the first place position and knocking Alexandria to the No. 2 spot.
- Knoxville has been gaining momentum on the romance scale. In 2011 it received “most improved,” jumping 14 places to come in second—this year that momentum carried it all the way to the top spot.
- Cupid didn’t strike New York City this year. According to Amazon customers’ purchase habits, NYC is the least romantic city in the U.S. Winston-Salem, N.C., Patterson, N.J., and El Monte, Calif., also took bottom spots in the ranking.
- Florida is for romantics, with four cities—Orlando, Miami, Clearwater, and Gainesville--ranking among the top 20 most romantic cities.
- For the third year in a row, Miami is the sexiest city in the U.S., winning the top spot in the sexual wellness category.
- The big movers and shakers this year were Dayton, Ohio, climbing 10 spots since last year, and Springfield, Mo., which wasn’t even on the map last year and is now ranked No. 3 on this year’s list.
To browse Amazon's selection of Valentine's Day gifts in books, music, movies--and contribute to your city's romantic rating--visit: http://www.amazon.com/valentines.
About Amazon.comAmazon.com, Inc. (NASDAQ: AMZN), a Fortune 500 company based in Seattle, opened on the World Wide Web in July 1995 and today offers Earth’s Biggest Selection. Amazon.com, Inc. seeks to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices. Amazon.com and other sellers offer millions of unique new, refurbished and used items in categories such as Books; Movies, Music & Games; Digital Downloads; Electronics & Computers; Home & Garden; Toys, Kids & Baby; Grocery; Apparel, Shoes & Jewelry; Health & Beauty; Sports & Outdoors; and Tools, Auto & Industrial. Amazon Web Services provides Amazon’s developer customers with access to in-the-cloud infrastructure services based on Amazon’s own back-end technology platform, which developers can use to enable virtually any type of business. The new latest generation Kindle is the lightest, most compact Kindle ever and features the same 6-inch, most advanced electronic ink display that reads like real paper even in bright sunlight. Kindle Touch is a new addition to the Kindle family with an easy-to-use touch screen that makes it easier than ever to turn pages, search, shop, and take notes – still with all the benefits of the most advanced electronic ink display. Kindle Touch 3G is the top of the line e-reader and offers the same new design and features of Kindle Touch, with the unparalleled added convenience of free 3G. Kindle Fire is the Kindle for movies, TV shows, music, books, magazines, apps, games and web browsing with all the content, free storage in the Amazon Cloud, Whispersync, Amazon Silk (Amazon’s new revolutionary cloud-accelerated web browser), vibrant color touch screen, and powerful dual-core processor.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV