BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Another failed effort by Greece to secure a finalized austerity deal leads your quick fix of company, market, economic and investing news for Thursday, Feb. 9.
Thursday's 5 Biggest Stories
This is a bit like that Bill Murray movie Groundhog Day: Greece can't come to an agreement on austerity measures in order to get bailout funds. [CBS]
Greek fatigue is already setting in. [MarketWatch]
So how long will this drag on? Reports now have the EU giving Greece 15 more days to find a way to identify 300 million euros in measures. [Bloomberg]Inflation in China rebounded in January, and with the rebound come questions over whether Chinese officials should keep easing. [WSJ] The Bank of England drops another 50 billion pounds into the financial system. [Reuters]
Company NewsPepsi (PEP) will cut 8,700 jobs and will instead dump $500 million in their brands. [Reuters] Cisco Systems (CSCO) was cautious in its outlook. Surprise, surprise. [San Jose Mercury] Sirius XM (SIRI) sees auto sales rising in 2012 will boost its subscriber count. [Deadline] Want to see a spectacular crash? Diamond Foods (DMND) plunges more than 40% after accounting problems force the CEO and CFO out. [WSJ] Alibaba shares are halted as the company is set to update its deal with Yahoo! (YHOO). [Washington Post]
Investment StrategyInsiders are selling at the fastest clip since last July. [MarketWatch] The long list of things that are getting better. [Big Picture]
Odds and EndsSo you want to date a Wall Streeter... [DealBreaker] Happy Thursday. Ever since I saw the Super Bowl commercial for Samsung with The Darkness, I've had this song stuck in my head. [YouTube] -- Written by Robert Holmes in Boston.
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Robert Holmes. >To follow Robert Holmes on Twitter, go to http://twitter.com/RobTheStreet. >To submit a news tip, send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV