NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- World Energy Solutions (Nasdaq:XWES) has been upgraded by TheStreet Ratings from sell to hold. The company's strengths can be seen in multiple areas, such as its compelling growth in net income, robust revenue growth and largely solid financial position with reasonable debt levels by most measures. However, as a counter to these strengths, we find that the company's return on equity has been disappointing. Highlights from the ratings report include:
- The net income growth from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the S&P 500 and the Internet Software & Services industry. The net income increased by 482.3% when compared to the same quarter one year prior, rising from $0.15 million to $0.86 million.
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 25.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues rose by 20.9%. This growth in revenue appears to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, improving the earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for WORLD ENERGY SOLUTIONS INC is currently very high, coming in at 88.50%. It has increased from the same quarter the previous year. Despite the strong results of the gross profit margin, XWES's net profit margin of 15.20% significantly trails the industry average.
- WORLD ENERGY SOLUTIONS INC reported significant earnings per share improvement in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has demonstrated a pattern of positive earnings per share growth over the past year. During the past fiscal year, WORLD ENERGY SOLUTIONS INC continued to lose money by earning -$0.01 versus -$0.20 in the prior year.
- The company's current return on equity greatly increased when compared to its ROE from the same quarter one year prior. This is a signal of significant strength within the corporation. When compared to other companies in the Internet Software & Services industry and the overall market, WORLD ENERGY SOLUTIONS INC's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Latest Headlines about XWES
Latest from TheStreet Wire
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV