Cyanotech Corporation (Nasdaq Capital Market: CYAN), a world leader in microalgae-based, high-value nutrition and health products, today announced financial results for the third quarter and first nine months of fiscal year 2012, ended December 31, 2011.
Third Quarter 2012
For the third quarter of fiscal 2012 compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2011, revenues were $6,706,000 compared to $3,919,000. Gross profit was $2,827,000, with gross profit margin of 42%, compared to gross profit of $1,232,000 and gross profit margin of 31%. Net income was $1,113,000 or $0.20 per diluted share, compared to net income of $10,000 or $0.00 per diluted share.
Nine Months 2012For the first nine months of fiscal 2012 compared to the first nine months of fiscal 2011, revenues were $18,645,000 compared to $11,609,000. Gross profit was $7,721,000, with gross profit margin of 41%, compared to gross profit of $4,543,000 and gross profit margin of 39%. Net income was $2,473,000 or $0.45 per diluted share, compared to net income of $935,000 or $0.17 per diluted share. Trailing 12 Months For the trailing 12 months ended December 31, 2011, compared to the trailing 12 months ended December 31, 2010, revenues were $23,863,000 compared to revenues of $15,423,000. Gross profit was $9,519,000, with gross profit margin of 39.9%, compared to gross profit of $5,931,000 and gross profit margin of 38.5%. Net income was $3,268,000 or $0.60 per diluted share, including a non-cash tax benefit of $552,000 due to a reduction in the deferred tax valuation allowance and recording of a net deferred tax asset in the fourth quarter of fiscal 2011, compared to $709,000, or $0.13 per diluted share. Income before income tax was $2,771,000 compared to $715,000. Commenting on the third quarter results, Brent Bailey, President and CEO, said “We continued to make progress on key measures in the third quarter compared to the third quarter of fiscal 2011:
- Net sales reached a record level for the fourth consecutive quarter at $6,706,000 (+$2,787,000 and +71%)
- Gross margin increased to 42.2% (+10.8 pts.)
- Net Income grew to $1,113,000 (+$1,103,000)
- Cash increased to $4,190,000 (+$3,461,000 and +475%)
- Inventory declined to $3,556,000 (-$800,000 and -18%)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV