Extensive Brines In Sand Rich Layers Intersected At International Lithium's Mariana Lithium-Potash Brine Project, Argentina
VANCOUVER, British Columbia, Feb. 9, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- International Lithium Corp. ("ILC" or the "Company") (TSXV: ILC) is pleased to announce the successful completion of the Phase 1 resource delineation reverse circulation drill program at the Company's 100% Mariana lithium-potash brine project in the province of Salta, northwestern Argentina.
- Phase 1 resource delineation drilling completed at the Mariana lithium-potash brine project;
- Extensive, brine hosting sand rich layers intersected below halite horizon;
- Brine flow measurements recorded during drilling increased markedly below halite horizon;
- Brine densities ranging from 1,190 to 1,298 g/L reflect persistent, significant salt content; and
- Analytical results pending.
"We are very encouraged by the granular stratigraphic units intersected, which in conjunction with the brine density measurements and flow observations, indicate the potential for a significant brine aquifer at the Mariana lithium-potash project," states Mike Sieb, President of the Company.Mariana Drill Program The Company has successfully completed reverse circulation drilling on the Phase 1 Resource Delineation program at the Company's 100% Mariana lithium-potash brine project. Four (4) widely spaced drill holes (totaling 444 metres), were positioned approximately 5 km apart to characterize the subsurface strata and brine across several previously identified geological and geochemical domains within the 10 x 15 km salar (salt lake) basin. In addition, the objective was to add to the geological model of the salar and determine the aquifer potential of the stratigraphy encountered. As expected, the upper stratigraphic interval was primarily halite varying in depth from 18 to 32 metres in the peripheral areas (hole MA12-04 in the south, MA12-05 in the north and MA12-06 in the western region of the salar) and 66 metres depth in hole MA12-07 proximal to the center of the salar. Below this predominantly halite layer an extensive mixed evaporite layer approximately 32-52 meters thick, consisting of greater than 60% fine to coarse sand, was encountered in the three peripheral holes. Below the evaporite sequences in all holes an extensive medium to coarse grained, dark coloured, basaltic sand interval was encountered. Brine flow measurements recorded during drilling increased markedly below the halite sequence throughout the sand rich layers.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV