Nearly half of Californians believe 2012 will be better than 2011, according to the latest Citi California Pulse®, a sign that the state’s residents are increasingly optimistic about the coming year. Thirty-three percent expect this year to be about the same as last year, and only 17 percent say it will be worse.
Additionally, Citibank’s latest quarterly survey found that the outlook is improving among residents regarding the California economy, jobs and their personal finances. Looking ahead 12 months, 66 percent of Californians say their personal financial situation will be better, 52 percent say the California economy will improve, and 51 percent say job opportunities will brighten. When asked how they feel about the state, 85 percent say they are proud of California and 63 percent say it is an excellent or good place to live.
“We are pleased to see this optimism going into the new year and that many Californians are looking forward to improving conditions in 2012,” said Rebecca Macieira-Kaufmann, President of Citibank California. “Our survey continues to show the incredible resilience and pride of Californians, which is a great sign for the state’s future.”
When asked about California’s leadership position in certain industries, 66 percent say the state remains a leader in the Entertainment Industry, 47 percent in Technology, 43 percent in the Green Industry, 43 percent in Fashion/trend-setting, and 20 percent in Education.Citi California Pulse® Optimism Index The Citi California Pulse Index of Optimism rose to -4 in the fourth quarter of 2011, up from -7 in the third quarter. At 0, the index would be on the exact middle point of all possible scores, which range from +100 to -100.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV