Revenues from the Thoratec product line, the PVAD and IVAD were $6.1 million versus $7.2 million a year ago or a decrease of 15%.
We experienced solid year-over-year unit growth in the quarter selling 917 pumps, an increase of 10% versus 836 pumps in the fourth quarter a year ago. Unit growth was driven by a 13% increase in HeartMate offset by a mid-teens decline in PVAD and IVAD units.
In the U.S. market, we shipped 704 pumps representing a strong 15% increase over 613 pumps a year ago. Internationally, we faced a notably challenging comparison and pump units declined 4% year-over-year from 223 in the fourth quarter of 2010 to 213 in the fourth quarter of 2011.
I should note though that the international decline was driven solely by the PVAD and IVAD franchise, while the HeartMate II franchise grew 8% despite the tough comparison in distributor markets. In fact, excluding European distributor territories international HeartMate II unit growth was 18% for the quarter and 17% for the full year.Read the rest of this transcript for free on seekingalpha.com
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV