Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Inc. (NYSE: FCX) announced the pricing of $3.0 billion of senior notes. Following is a summary of the three tranches:
|1.40% Senior Notes (1)||$0.5 Billion||
Due February 13, 2015
|2.15% Senior Notes (2)||$0.5 Billion||
Due March 1, 2017
|3.55% Senior Notes (3)||$2.0 Billion||
Due March 1, 2022
(1) Priced at 99.857% to yield 1.449%
(2) Priced at 99.880% to yield 2.175%
(3) Priced at 99.747% to yield 3.580%The sale of the senior notes is expected to settle on February 13, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions. FCX intends to use the net proceeds from the offering plus cash on hand to redeem its outstanding 8.375% Senior Notes due 2017. The joint book-running managers for the offering are J.P. Morgan Securities LLC and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated. Copies of the prospectus supplement relating to the offering may be obtained by calling J.P. Morgan Securities LLC collect at 1-212-834-4533 or Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated toll-free at 1-800-294-1322. A registration statement relating to the offering has been filed with the United States Securities and Exchange Commission and is effective. This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell nor an offer to buy any securities and shall not constitute an offer, solicitation or sale in any jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful. The offering may be made only by means of a prospectus supplement and the accompanying prospectus.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV