Updated from 5:11 p.m. ET for latest share prices, additional information on Diamond Foods, TriQuint, iRobot and TripAdvisor.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Akamai Technologies (AKAM) surged in late trades on Wednesday after the Web content delivery company waltzed past Wall Street's profit view for its fiscal fourth quarter.
The Cambridge, Mass.-based company reported normalized net income of $83 million, or 45 cents a share, for the December-ended period on revenue of $323.7 million, up 15% on a sequential basis. The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for a profit of 40 cents a share in the quarter on revenue of $311.3 million.
Akamai also named James Benson chief financial officer, replacing J. Donald Sherman, who has served in the role since 2006 and is leaving to join a private company. Benson, currently senior vice president of finance at Akamai, will take over as CFO effective March 1.
GrouponShares of Groupon (GRPN) sold off in the extended session as the online daily deals company surprised Wall Street with a loss in its first-ever quarterly report as a public company. Groupon posted a pro forma adjusted loss of $9.8 million, or 2 cents a share, for the three months ended Dec. 31 on revenue of $506.5 million, more than triple its revenue total in the year-ago equivalent period.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV