SPDR S&P Biotech ETF (XBI) -1.7%
For a second day, biotechnology stocks are heading lower, pushing ETFs like XBI and the iShares NASDAQ Biotechnology Index Fund (IBB) to the top of the loser's list. At the start of the week, I warned investors that these funds could be set to take a breather given their impressive run ups during the opening weeks of the year. Continue to keep them on the radar.
All prices as of 2:12 PM EST.
Written by Don Dion in Williamstown, Mass.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV