First Marblehead (FMD) is a savings and loan holding company. This stock is trading up 4.9% at $1.45 in recent trading.
Today's Range: $1.39-$1.4752-Week Range: $0.83-$2.54 Volume: 180,000 Three-Month Average Volume: 215,297 From a technical perspective, FMD is starting to trigger a big breakout trade today now that this stock is starting to move above some near-term overhead resistance at $1.40. This stock also just cleared its 200-day moving average of $1.36. At last check, the volume today is below the three-month average with shares trading at $1.45. Market players should now look for a sustained high-volume move and close above $1.40 to signal that this stock wants to trend much higher. If we get that action soon, then look for FMD to re-test its next significant overhead resistance at $1.58 to $1.70 in the near future.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV