Despite the fourth quarter challenges in Europe, sales in the Asia Pacific region continued to accelerate supported by substantial growth in our high-margin cardiology and infectious disease products. As was the case in Q3, sales in Japan was strong in the fourth quarter with the revenues continuing to rebound from the effects of the earlier problems in that country, supported as well as the impact of an expanded sales force supporting the numerous cardiology products, which were approved recently in Japan.
Through the full year of 2011, we achieved new product sales of $39 million, with $13 million of those occurring in the fourth quarter. The improvement in new product revenue performance in Q4 was driven by increases in sales related to our CD4 Analyzer as well as our blood gas and electrolyte system. These important platforms are achieving increased medical adoption, and this is a key factor behind our belief that new product sales will increasingly contribute to our expanding organic growth rate over the next several years despite any short-term fluctuations associated with economic issues in various countries.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV