At the same time, the popularity of ETFs has left fund sponsors searching for unique index funds to pitch to investors; MSCI has been a major licensee for ETFs, particularly in through emerging market indexes.
The vast majority of MSCI's customers access the company's offerings through subscriptions , providing MSCI with a recurring revenue stream that renews at approximately 85%, thanks to the extremely high switching costs involved with changing a performance index or risk analysis tool.Like Moody's, MSCI benefits from an asset-light business model that generates deep net margins and throws off impressive cash flows. With short-sellers bidding the firm up to a short ratio of 9.2, this financial data stock presents an attractive short squeeze opportunity. As of the most recently reported period, MSCI comprised 4% of Eton Capital's portfolio.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV