Shares of Akamai rose 2.17% to $34.38. The Internet content delivery company announced that it acquired front-end optimization technology provider Blaze Software on Wednesday in a cash transaction. Further terms of the deal weren't disclosed.
Shares of Akamai hit a 52-week high of $49.38 on Feb. 9. The stock's 52-week low of $18.25 was set on Oct. 4.Akamai has a forward P/E of 21.2; the average among Internet companies is 23.63. For comparison, IAC/InterActiveCorp (IACI) and j2 Global (JCOM) both have lower forward P/Es of 14.32 and 11.25, respectively. Of the 25 analysts who cover Akamai, 14 rated it a hold. Nine analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two considered it a sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Akamai a B- grade with a buy rating and $37.34 price target. The stock has increased 7.01% year to date.
Shares of Nvidia increased 3.05% to $16.22. The graphics computing company signed a patent licensing agreement with technology licensing company Rambus on Wednesday. Both companies settled all of their outstanding claims including prior usage or Rambus' patented items. Nvidia's stock reached a 52-week high of $26.01 on Feb. 17, 2011. The stock's 52-week low of $11.47 was set on Oct. 4, 2011. Nvidia has a forward P/E of 15.35; the average among semiconductor companies is 17.26. For comparison, Applied Materials (AMAT) and Analog Devices (ADI) both have lower forward P/Es of 10.98 and 14.71, respectively. Of the 34 analysts who cover Nvidia, 19 rated it a hold. Thirteen analysts gave the stock a buy rating and two considered it a sell. TheStreet Ratings gives Nvidia a B- grade with a buy rating and $20.02price target. The stock has risen 16.96% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV