Shares of KeyCorp (KEY) of Cleveland closed at $8.16 Wednesday, returning 6% year-to-date. Based on a three-cent quarterly payout, the shares have a dividend yield of 1.47%.
O'Connor's price target for KeyCorp is $9.00, and he estimated the company will post 2012 EPS of 75 cents in 2012, followed by 80 cents in 2013.The analyst says that "KEY seems to be well best positioned to buy back stock (when it gets regulatory approval) given Tier 1 common of 11.3% (and growing)," and "little mortgage/litigation risk." O'Connor believes that the company's management would rather buy back shares than seek a merger deal, and that KeyCorp "(in 2012) and still generate enough capital to support balance sheet growth and maintain ~11% Tier 1 common." KeyCorp' shares traded for 0.9 times tangible book value at Tuesday's market close, according to HighlineFI. According to O'Connor, risks for KeyCorp include a slowdown in reserve releases, as well as some "acquisition risk" over the next two years. The company just agreed to purchase 37 Upstate New York branches from First Niagara Financial Group (FNFG), to follow that company's pending purchase of roughly 200 branches from HSBC (HBC). Interested in more on KeyCorp? See TheStreet Ratings' report card for this stock.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV