Beazley Bridge Radically Simplifies The Purchase Of Insurance For Directors And Officers Of US Multinationals
NEW YORK, Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Beazley Group plc (BEZ.L) announces today the introduction of Beazley Bridge, an innovative solution that will help brokers secure robust D&O insurance coverage for US multinational corporate clients - through a single insurance contract - to cover executives outside the United States.
Brokers have until now faced challenges in obtaining international coverage to protect executives of U.S. based multinational corporations. Normally a separate policy will need to be issued for each covered territory and premium taxes assessed and paid for each policy. The task of coordinating this complex and time consuming process usually falls to the corporation's broker.
Directors and officers of multinational corporations are increasingly threatened by exposures deriving from outside the United States, including increased regulatory scrutiny, emboldened activist investors, and the wider adoption of collective and class actions.
Beazley Bridge, coverage underwritten by the Beazley syndicates at Lloyd's, simplifies the process of obtaining coverage for these risks by leveraging Lloyd's global network of insurance licenses, which now extends to more than 65 countries. The wording extends the standard D&O policy underwritten by Beazley, and:
- provides Side A "Difference in Conditions" coverage (protecting executives against claims that cannot be indemnified by their employers) in all eligible territories;
- can be inserted at any attachment point in the program/tower; and
- facilitates the assessment, collection and remittance of insurance premium tax.
- Coverage provided via one contract
- Coverage flexibly provided from any layer of a tower
- Contract certainty and clarity of coverage from inception
- One invoice, inclusive of premiums and insurance premium taxes by country
- No need for multiple policies translated into multiple foreign languages
- No policy issuance fees
- Experienced claims service
- Lloyd's ratings (A.M. Best A XV, S&P A+)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV