REDWOOD CITY, Calif., Feb. 8, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Cardica, Inc. (Nasdaq: CRDC) today announced the pricing of an underwritten public offering of 9,091,000 shares of its common stock, offered at a price to the public of $1.65 per share. The gross proceeds to Cardica from this offering are expected to be $15 million, before deducting underwriting discounts and commissions and other estimated offering expenses payable by Cardica. The offering is expected to close on or about February 13, 2012, subject to customary closing conditions. Cardica anticipates using the net proceeds from the offering for general corporate purposes, which may include the costs of research and development activities, and general and administrative and manufacturing expenses.
Wedbush PacGrow Life Sciences is acting as sole book-running manager for the offering.
The shares described above are being offered by Cardica pursuant to a shelf registration statement previously filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission (the "SEC"), which the SEC declared effective on February 7, 2011. The preliminary prospectus supplement is available for free by visiting EDGAR on the SEC's website located at www.sec.gov. Copies of the preliminary prospectus supplement and accompanying prospectus may also be obtained from the offices of Wedbush Securities Inc., One Bush Street, 17th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94104, Attn: ECM Prospectus Department, by calling 415-274-6819 or by email at email@example.com.
This press release shall not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer to buy these shares, nor shall there be any sale of these shares in any state or other jurisdiction in which such offer, solicitation or sale would be unlawful prior to the registration or qualification under the securities laws of any such state or other jurisdiction.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV