- Total revenue was a record $23.7 million in the fourth quarter of 2011, a sequential increase of 23% from $19.2 million in the third quarter of 2011, and a 59% increase from $14.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. The increase is primarily attributable to higher revenue from eBook-related services that the Company performs for one of its larger clients and to revenue from analytics services that the Company performs for a major accounting firm.
- Net income for the fourth quarter of 2011 was $2.3 million, or $0.09 per diluted share, compared to net income of $1.4 million, or $0.06 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011, and net income of $1.2 million, or $0.05 per diluted share, in the fourth quarter of 2010. The increase in net income is primarily attributable to higher revenue and to an increase in gross margins from 33% in the third quarter of 2011 and 22% in the fourth quarter of 2010 to 36% in the fourth quarter of 2011.
- For the 12 months ended December 31, 2011, total revenue was $73.9 million, a 20% increase from $61.5 million in 2010. Net earnings improved significantly, from a net loss of $0.7 million, or ($0.03) per diluted share, in 2010, to net earnings of $4.5 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in 2011. The growth in net earnings is primarily attributable to higher revenue and to an increase in gross margins from 23% in 2010 to 32% in 2011.
- Cash and cash equivalents and short-term investments totaled $17.2 million as of December 31, 2011, a decline of $7.0 million from $24.2 million as of September 30, 2011. The reduction is primarily on account of an $8.8 million increase in accounts receivable from $12.9 million as of September 30, 2011 to $21.7 million as of December 31, 2011 and approximately $2.5 million in investments made during the quarter for establishing two new delivery centers in Asia, and continuing investment in the Company’s recently-launched Innodata Advanced Data Solutions (IADS) segment. A significant portion of the increase in accounts receivable as of December 31, 2011 was from one of our large customers because of a process delay.
Innodata Reports Fourth Quarter And Fiscal Year 2011 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts