Viasystems Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:VIAS), a leading provider of complex multi-layer printed circuit boards and electro-mechanical solutions, today announced estimates of the company’s fourth quarter sales and operating income. The company also announced plans for upcoming presentations to investors.
- Estimated net sales were $269 million in the quarter ended December 31, 2011, a year-over-year increase of approximately 10%, and a seasonal sequential decrease from the immediately preceding quarter of approximately 4%.
- Total orders in the fourth quarter improved both year-over-year and sequentially, and were slightly greater than estimated net sales for the period.
- Estimated operating income was $23 million for the quarter ended December 31, 2011, a year-over-year increase of more than 17%, and a sequential increase of approximately 8%.
- Estimated Adjusted EBITDA was $44 million in the fourth quarter, a year-over-year increase of approximately 22%, and a sequential increase of approximately 9%.
- All estimates are subject to completion of the company’s annual audit.
“Despite continued uncertainty in the global economy, we are pleased with the way 2011 ended for Viasystems,” stated Chief Executive Officer David M. Sindelar. “We always expect a seasonal downturn of demand during the yearend holidays, but we took measures to position our Chinese PCB factories to come to the aid of customers left without products previously produced by flooded Thai manufacturers. We estimate that approximately $6 million of our fourth quarter net sales were derived from orders previously placed with PCB manufacturers in Thailand.”
“With a relatively stable cost environment during the quarter, combined with a rich product sales mix, we expect to report both year-over-year and sequential quarterly improvement in our profitability, following the completion of our annual financial statement audit,” continued Mr. Sindelar. “In particular, our PCB net sales, with higher overall operating margins, increased to approximately 83% of our total net sales in the final quarter of the year.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV