Nippon Telegraph And Telephone Corporation Stock Downgraded (NTT)
- Despite its growing revenue, the company underperformed as compared with the industry average of 5.8%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.2%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The current debt-to-equity ratio, 0.55, is low and is below the industry average, implying that there has been successful management of debt levels. Along with the favorable debt-to-equity ratio, the company maintains an adequate quick ratio of 1.23, which illustrates the ability to avoid short-term cash problems.
- The gross profit margin for NIPPON TELEGRAPH & TELEPHONE is rather high; currently it is at 57.70%. Regardless of NTT's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. When compared to other companies in the Diversified Telecommunication Services industry and the overall market, NIPPON TELEGRAPH & TELEPHONE's return on equity is below that of both the industry average and the S&P 500.
- Net operating cash flow has declined marginally to $4,652.18 million or 6.66% when compared to the same quarter last year. In conjunction, when comparing current results to the industry average, NIPPON TELEGRAPH & TELEPHONE has marginally lower results.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet Ratings Staff
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV