MutualFirst Financial Inc Stock Upgraded (MFSF)
- The revenue growth greatly exceeded the industry average of 28.1%. Since the same quarter one year prior, revenues slightly increased by 5.7%. This growth in revenue does not appear to have trickled down to the company's bottom line, displayed by a decline in earnings per share.
- The gross profit margin for MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC is rather high; currently it is at 57.20%. Regardless of MFSF's high profit margin, it has managed to decrease from the same period last year. Despite the mixed results of the gross profit margin, MFSF's net profit margin of 5.20% compares favorably to the industry average.
- MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC's earnings per share declined by 50.0% in the most recent quarter compared to the same quarter a year ago. The company has suffered a declining pattern of earnings per share over the past year. However, we anticipate this trend reversing over the coming year. During the past fiscal year, MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC reported lower earnings of $0.20 versus $0.69 in the prior year. This year, the market expects an improvement in earnings ($0.78 versus $0.20).
- The change in net income from the same quarter one year ago has significantly exceeded that of the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry average, but is less than that of the S&P 500. The net income has significantly decreased by 42.2% when compared to the same quarter one year ago, falling from $1.81 million to $1.05 million.
- The company's current return on equity has slightly decreased from the same quarter one year prior. This implies a minor weakness in the organization. Compared to other companies in the Thrifts & Mortgage Finance industry and the overall market on the basis of return on equity, MUTUALFIRST FINANCIAL INC underperformed against that of the industry average and is significantly less than that of the S&P 500.
-- Written by a member of TheStreet RatingsStaff
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.