MILLBURN, N.J. ( Stockpickr) -- Since the Great Recession of 2008-2009, Americas have worked very hard to pay down their consumer debt levels and improve their personal balances sheets. This all occurred against a backdrop of declining employment and housing woes. Americans have in some way become frugal as well, opting to defer certain expenditures until the economy improves.
The economy has slowly begun to emerge from its static funk of the past few years. Payrolls are on the rise, and this trend is likely to continue for the next few years.
Now we could begin to see Americans making purchases that they had delayed for several years. This will create opportunities for many industrial and retail companies that will benefit from what is likely to be the next upgrade and replacement cycle.With that in mind, here are several stocks for the coming upgrade and replacement cycle.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV