White River Capital, Inc. Announces Tax Treatment Of Common Stock Dividends Paid In 2011
White River Capital, Inc. (NYSE Amex: RVR) (“White River”) today announced the tax treatment for dividends paid in 2011 on its common stock. Holders are urged to check their 2011 tax statements received from brokerage firms in order to ensure that the cash distribution information reported on such statements conforms to the information reported herein.
Information concerning the tax treatment of dividends paid in 2011 is posted under Additional Information in the Investor Relations section of White River’s website, www.WhiteRiverCap.com. Holders are also urged to consult their own tax advisors to determine their individual tax treatment.
In 2011, White River distributed $5.00 per share of common stock. Based on U.S. federal income tax laws, White River has determined that of such distributions, 79.6% will be treated as a taxable dividend and 20.4% will be treated as a return of capital. Generally, the portion of the distribution on the common stock that is treated as a return of capital should reduce the tax basis in the shares of common stock up to a holder’s adjusted basis in the common stock, with any excess treated as capital gains.
The table below summarizes the tax treatment for dividends paid in 2011 on White River’s common stock:
|Declaration Date||Record Date||Payment Date||Total Per Share Distribution||2011 Taxable Dividend||2011 Return of Capital|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV