Updated from 4:44 p.m. ET for latest share prices, additional information on Silicon Graphics, OpenTable, and Panera Bread.
NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- Shares of Buffalo Wild Wings (BWLD) soared in late trades on Tuesday after the restaurant operator trounced Wall Street's profit expectations in its latest quarter amid strong sales at both new and existing locations.
The Minneapolis-based company reported earnings of $13.6 million, or 73 cents a share, on revenue of $220.5 million. Same-restaurant sales jumped 8.9%. In the same period a year earlier, the company posted a profit of $10.2 million, or 55 cents a share, on revenue of $163.9 million.
The average estimate of analysts polled by Thomson Reuters was for earnings of 67 cents a share in the December-ended period on revenue of $210.5 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV