- Total revenue increased 34.5% to $220.5 million
- Company-owned restaurant sales grew 36.4% to $202.9 million
- Same-store sales increased 8.9% at company-owned restaurants and 5.9% at franchised restaurants
- Net earnings increased 34.0% to $13.6 million from $10.2 million, and earnings per diluted share increased 32.7% to $0.73 from $0.55
Sally Smith, President and Chief Executive Officer, commented, “Our strong fourth quarter performance capped a tremendous year for Buffalo Wild Wings, which reflects the focused efforts and hard work of our franchisees and Team Members in providing sports fans with an outstanding guest experience. Together, we accomplished category-leading results. Fourth quarter same-store sales grew by 8.9% at company-owned and 5.9% at franchised locations, helping us surpass $2 billion in system-wide sales for 2011. Strong sales at both new and existing restaurants drove fourth quarter earnings per share of $0.73, bringing our annual net earnings growth to over 31%.”
Total revenue increased 34.5% to $220.5 million in the fourth quarter compared to $163.9 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. Company-owned restaurant sales for the quarter increased 36.4% over the same period in 2010, to $202.9 million, driven by a company-owned same-store sales increase of 8.9% and 60 additional company-owned restaurants at the end of fourth quarter 2011 relative to the same period in 2010. Franchise royalties and fees increased 15.3% to $17.5 million for the quarter versus $15.2 million in the fourth quarter of 2010. This increase is attributed to a franchise same-store sales increase of 5.9% and 25 additional franchised restaurants at the end of the period versus a year ago.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV