Updated from 11:15 a.m. EST to provide risk factors listed in S-1 filing and updated share price.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) - LinkedIn (LNKD) may not be as sexy as Facebook, but just as Facebook has proved a disruptive presence in advertising, the other social network has transformed the job seeking industry.
"We continue to believe LinkedIn is disrupting both the online and offline job recruitment markets, and deeper corporate penetration and increasing member engagement will drive strong results going forward," J.P. Morgan analyst Doug Anmuth wrote in a December research report. He has an overweight rating and a $84 price target.Jefferies analyst Youssef H. Squali, who rates the shares overweight with a $92 price target, believes that recent professional services hiring data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics bodes well for LinkedIn. In particular, the analyst points to recent better-than-expected jobs data. "Hiring Solutions segment results should benefit from market share gains from traditional offline players (executive search firms) and strength in the professional services segment," Squali wrote, in a recent research report. LinkedIn has emerged as increasingly disruptive presence, particularly when compared to other job placement services, a trend which may point toward strong fourth-quarter results. Evercore Partners analyst Ken Sena wrote, "Strong checks on the quarter, which include data by Wanted Technologies, indications of share gains from Monster, and recent Indications from both Dice and CareerBuilder of continued robust growth in most sectors give us reason to believe that our $160 million net revenue estimation (up 95% y/y)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV