Action to Take --> So, after all that, what do I think of the IPO? I think it is a bad long-term investment. I think Zuckerberg wants to sell at a point when it looks like he can grow forever, even though Facebook cannot possibly sustain its rate of growth and in fact is already seeing growth wane. I will be sitting out this IPO. In future issues, I will follow these shares and assess strategies that investors can use to profit from a long-term bleed-out in Facebook's valuation.
Andy Obermueller does not personally hold positions in any securities mentioned in this article. StreetAuthority LLC owns shares of GOOG in one or more if its "real money" portfolios.
More StreetAuthority articles:
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV