NEW YORK (TheStreet) -- "We're witnessing bull market behavior," Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Tuesday, as he outlined six reasons why today's market looks just like the bull markets of yesteryear.
1. Skeptics abound. Cramer said where there are skeptics, there is often a bull market. And in today's markets, there are plenty of naysayers trying to keep investors out of the market, he said.2. Stocks are acting rationally. Cramer said for the first time in recent memory, good news actually matters for individual stocks. Moreover, good news is being taken at face value and not through a prism of global, macro economic events. 3. Disappointers aren't going down. Even the worst of stocks are only down for a few days, noted Cramer. From Goldman Sachs (GS) to Alcoa (AA), even the worst of earnings can't keep these stocks down for long. 4. Stocks are beating resistance. Cramer said that countless stocks from Microsoft (MSFT) to McDonald's (MCD) are blowing past resistance levels they've struggled with for years. 5. Winners keep taking share. Whether its Apple (AAPL), a stock which Cramer owns for his charitable trust, Action Alerts PLUS, or Starbucks (SBUX), the leaders in the market are taking market share from rivals. 6. Strength is coming from all sectors. Cramer said the breadth of the market rally is impressive, with everything from oil to retail, pharma to technology participating all at the same time. Cramer said after a decade of stagnant market growth, investors may not even remember what a bull market looks like. This, he concluded, is what it looks like.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV