The home improvement products retailer is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter results on Feb. 21. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of 42 cents a share on $15.46 billion in revenue."Unlike most retail categories that suffered from warm weather this winter, we believe home improvement stands to benefit as consumers spend more time outdoors," JPMorgan analysts wrote in a Jan. 20 report. "While snow removal and heating products were likely hurt, we believe this was outweighed by repair/maintenance projects that require warmer (and snowless) weather and HD continues to benefit from its operational transformation (vs. LOW)." Shares of Home Depot hit a 52-week high on Tuesday of $45.58. The stock's 52-week low of $28.13 was set on Aug. 9. Home Depot has a forward P/E of 16.51X. The average for home improvement retailers is 18.67X. Lowe's (LOW) has a lower forward P/E of 15.07X. Of the 30 analysts who cover the company, 17 rated it a buy. Thirteen gave Home Depot a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Home Depot an A+ grade and has a $54.08 price target on the stock. Shares have increased 8.28% year to date.
Lincoln Electric The welding products manufacturer is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter results on Feb. 17. Analysts, on average, anticipates earnings of 63 cents a share on $698.38 million in revenue. Shares of Lincoln Electric hit a 52-week high on Tuesday of $45.74. The stock's 52-week low of $26.84 was set on Oct. 4. Lincoln Electric has a forward P/E of 16.31X. The average for industrial machinery companies is 15.99X. Timken (TKR) has a lower forward P/E of 8.74X. Four of the seven analysts who cover the stock rated it a buy. The other three analysts rated it a hold. TheStreet Ratings gives Lincoln Electric a B+ grade and has a $56.14 price target on the shares. The stock has risen 16.25% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV