Each of these companies received a buy rating from TheStreet Ratings.
The company is scheduled to report its fourth-quarter results on Tuesday after the market closes. Analysts, on average, expect earnings of $1.42 a share on $499.03 million in revenue.The bakery-cafe company opened its 1,500th store in Manhattan Tuesday; this is also the first Panera in this borough. "For 4Q11, we expect +6.3% comps (vs. guidance of +5.5%-6.5%) driven by +6% average check growth," Oppenheimer analysts wrote in a report on Sunday. "Therefore, any positive traffic (which we believe is likely given strong 4Q trends at other share takers) could drive comp upside and additional earnings leverage." Shares of Panera hit a 52-week high on Tuesday of $160.88. The stock's 52-week low of $96.68 was set on Aug. 8. Panera has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 29.02X. The average among restaurant and bar companies is 22.65X. Darden (DRI) has a lower forward P/E of 12.23X. Of the 23 analysts who cover Panera, 13 rated the stock a buy. Ten gave Panera a hold rating. TheStreet Ratings gives Panera an A grade and has a $197.31 price target on the shares. The stock has risen 12.51% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV