BRIDGEWATER, N.J., Feb. 7, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Sanofi announced today that the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved Sklice® (ivermectin) lotion, 0.5% for the topical treatment of head lice, in patients 6 months of age and older. Effective and well-tolerated, Sklice Lotion treats lice in most patients with a single 10-minute application of the lotion, without nit combing.
"The approval of Sklice Lotion provides physicians and parents with a new treatment option for head lice, a condition that is notoriously frustrating to treat," said Kenneth P. Guito, General Manager, Sanofi-Topaz. "Through a unique mode of action, Sklice Lotion resolves most head lice infestations in one application, and is very well-tolerated."
Sklice will be commercialized by Sanofi Pasteur U.S., an established leader in the pediatric area with an extensive heritage of bringing innovative solutions to the pediatric healthcare community. "We are pleased that Sanofi Pasteur – through our longstanding relationships with pediatric professionals -- can help address the burden of head lice by bringing a well-tolerated, effective, single application treatment option to patients 6 months and older," added Chad Hoover, Vice President and Chief Commercial Officer, Sanofi Pasteur U.S.Each year in the United States, head lice infest an estimated 6 to 12 million children aged 3 to 11 years. Estimates for direct and indirect costs, which include millions of lost school days and lost work for parents, are as high as 1 billion dollars. Formulated with ivermectin, an antiparasitic that has been used orally for more than 20 years and more than 1 billion times to treat other parasites, Sklice Lotion was developed to meet the demand for an effective, convenient head lice treatment that works differently and is well-tolerated in children.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV