Both of them received buy ratings from TheStreet Ratings.
The energy services company is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on Feb. 28. Analysts, on average, expects earnings of $1.06 a share on revenue of $2.58 billion."Although we think SRE's stock looks somewhat inexpensive, we continue to expect concerns about regulatory issues (pending general rate cases and upcoming cost of capital proceedings) to act as an overhang on SRE's stock," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Dec. 20 report. They rated the stock market perform at that time. Of the 12 analysts who cover the company, eight rated it a hold. Three analysts considered Sempra a buy and one rated it a sell. Shares of Sempra Energy hit a 52-week high of $58.71 on Tuesday. The stock's 52-week low of $44.78 was set on Aug. 9. Sempra has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.04. The average for multi-utilities is 14.65. Ameren (AEE) has a forward P/E of 13.66. TheStreet Ratings gives Sempra an A- grade with a $66.54 price target. The stock has risen 6.38% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV