Both of them received buy ratings from TheStreet Ratings.
The energy services company is scheduled to report fourth-quarter results on Feb. 28. Analysts, on average, expects earnings of $1.06 a share on revenue of $2.58 billion."Although we think SRE's stock looks somewhat inexpensive, we continue to expect concerns about regulatory issues (pending general rate cases and upcoming cost of capital proceedings) to act as an overhang on SRE's stock," Wells Fargo analysts wrote in a Dec. 20 report. They rated the stock market perform at that time. Of the 12 analysts who cover the company, eight rated it a hold. Three analysts considered Sempra a buy and one rated it a sell. Shares of Sempra Energy hit a 52-week high of $58.71 on Tuesday. The stock's 52-week low of $44.78 was set on Aug. 9. Sempra has an estimated price-to-earnings ratio for next year of 13.04. The average for multi-utilities is 14.65. Ameren (AEE) has a forward P/E of 13.66. TheStreet Ratings gives Sempra an A- grade with a $66.54 price target. The stock has risen 6.38% year to date.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV