BOSTON (TheStreet) -- Contrarians, rejoice: Last year's most beaten-down stocks are among the biggest winners this year. And investors are buying them to chase the rally.
But nothing's changed, professional investors say. U.S. large-cap stocks that pay a dividend remain as attractive as they have been over the past year.
For example, stocks like Netflix (NFLX) and Bank of America (BAC), brutalized last year, are among the top performers on the S&P 500 this year. Meanwhile many of 2011's strong dividend winners, such as Philip Morris (PM) and Pfizer (PFE), are underperforming the broader market this year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV