Company Description: The fund invests gold and natural resources stocks. It also earns income from a strategy of writing covered call options on the stocks in the portfolio.Dividend Yield: 10.2% The fund offers an option to reinvest dividends at below-market prices when the stock trades at a premium to net asset value, or NAV, which allows investors to realize even better returns.
3. Wells Fargo Advantage Income Opportunities Fund (EAD - Get Report) Company Description: The fund invests in utility, financial, telecommunication, industrial, consumer staple and materials companies. The fund also has the option to invest in term loans. Dividend Yield: 9.5% Typically, this fund invests at least 80% of the portfolio in high-yield bonds and preferred stock. Over the past few years, the quality of high-yield corporate securities has improved significantly as those companies were forced to improve operating efficiencies and maintain cash on the balance sheet, making them less likely to default on their debt obligations. As a result, some junk-rated debt can be a very attractive investment opportunity.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts